DONATE BLOOD

DONATE BLOOD
Blood Donors Needed NOW!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Stepping Out

Well it has been pretty cold the past couple days. Tuesday it was nice enough but Today there was a slight mist so the trail was covered in a slight coat of ice. So I walked on the edges most of the time. But I think tomorrow should be better. So far from the first two days I have only seen one person. I have a feeling this will all change on Saturday or Sunday after the New Years begin. Just another reason why I wanted to start a little bit early to see what the before and after is on that too. I can tell you for sure that by the end of the year there is no one walking at 8:00 am on Grant's trail.
The hardest part Today was after I got off the trail and was going down Union. Where the trail meets Union Rd. it is all up hill. Which is fine normally but the thin ice coating made it interesting a few times. Plus people driving do not look for pedestrians whatsoever. I guess they cannot be bothered to look since they have to use their phones and drive in such pristine weather.
Since I began my average blood pressure has been good. The night before I started it was way too high. Here is something funny, going to the bathroom helps you have a lower number. At least it works for me. I have never heard that but it seems to make sense to me. I am going to start bringing my rain cover now on too because I was a bit wet from this mornings walk. I am averaging about a hour ten to and hour twenty minutes for the 4.5 to 5 miles.
It was nice to start my blog today. If anyone has any comments or questions feel free to put them in the comments or send me an e-mail. Keep On Trucking!

No comments:

Post a Comment