DONATE BLOOD

DONATE BLOOD
Blood Donors Needed NOW!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Twinkie Diet and Vandalism.

Skeptical views on many subjects.
Last night I was looking up on line the information about the Twinkie Diet that I heard about on November 18, 2010 on the podcast “The Skeptics Guide to the Universe” and they briefly touched on the results of that diet. I thought it was interesting and at the Skepticon III conference in Springfield, MO I even joked with Rebecca Watson of the Skeptics Guide about the diet while she was on stage preparing to give her talk.

Seems that It was done by an Assistant Professor at Kansas State University Mark Haub. I think that is mighty awesome considering that I graduated from K-State. But I saw that the news of the results of his experiment had reached world wide attention. I contacted Haub this morning and he said via e-mail that he was surprised by the media response. He added that, I am “not sure I want to go through the media gauntlet again, though.”

Kansas State University Assistant Professor Mark Haub.
I also asked about his weight since he published the findings. He said, My “weight was stable for 1.5 months and then increased two lbs between Christmas Eve and this morning.”

That isn't too bad at all considering the weight loss and tasty diet he was on.

Not too shabby for a diet that focuses on “junk food” as many call it. I don't think I am going to do that diet but the premise is still sound as the one that I am using. The most important factors in weight loss are calorie input and output. There were several other positive factors to the diet and you can read about them if you follow this link to CNN.


Trailnet office on Reavis BRKS RD.
With that said, the walk Today was again 28ºF. The water is getting more frozen on Gravois Creek. Grant's trail flows along the creek most of the way. I saw near the point were the picture I took of 'JIZO” is on the bridge support the creek is more frozen than in other places. It looks like some people have taken to throwing rocks in the creek to break it up. They may not be sure if the mass of a rock from that height can break through the ice when it is so think. But I think they are just trying to cause trouble. As long as they are safe I guess it is fine.

At the Trailnet office Today I saw several vans there. I wonder if that office is a main office for Trailnet. I might stop by soon and talk to someone Tomorrow.

AAA borders Grant's Trail at Gravois Rd.
As far as on the trail I saw nine people Today. There was one guy that was parked in the Affton Athletic Association’s parking lot. He had a couple of dogs and oddly enough he parked right behind the sign that said “NO Grant's Trail Parking.” My distance was a bit longer than normal. I think that must be due to the fact of me walking around the Trailnet office to get the pictures. Plus I forgot to set my stopwatch or check the time when I started.

My blood pressure was 133/87 and my pulse was 82. That was right after I got in. According to my fitness tracker I have 7807kcal so far. That is officially two pounds of fat. That is also nearly 100,000 steps on my journey to losing myself.

It would be nice to have a guideline to estimate the additional calories, if any, my body uses due the the walking. I will research it and find out.


Keep moving on the trail,

Thomas




No comments:

Post a Comment